Awww Jelly-Rolls… don’t you just love them? They are such a versatile dessert in my opinion. The ingredients can be so simple or slightly complicated, but whatever you choose, however you decorate them, they can be quite awesome. I have made many a jelly-rolls and they are one of my favorites because you can just about make any flavor and fill them with whatever you want. Possibilities are endless and they are the perfect treat for your holiday (or any day) dessert table. Just saying….
My Black Forest Jelly Roulé complete with Kirsch soaked sour cherries and dark chocolate fans (or my attempt at making fans, hahaha) …Magnifique!
My first attempt at Pavlova was a success! Usually made as one mound of meringue that is baked, crispy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside. I piped out heart shaped forms for individual desserts. Topped with whipped cream and an assortment of fresh fruit and just a drizzle of passion fruit. Next time I will tint the meringue. They turned out great! Pavlova hearts were just perfect for my elegant dessert table.
Birthdays and Easter all rolled in to one! Village Sweets has been making cakes with an animal theme lately (or insects haha), one trend to another… with Easter having been just around the corner, I am cheating and posting my Easter tarts as well, Oooops.
Tis the season for Yule Logs! Village Sweets is taking orders for the popular Bûche de Noël for the holiday season 2014 and New Years. The following is a list of our Bûche flavors…
C’est le temp pour commander vos Bûches de Noël pour le temps des Fêtes! Ceci est une liste de les saveurs…
BÛCHES TRADITIONELLE / TRADITIONAL LOGS
1. Gâteau au Vanille avec une Crème Mocha, enrobé d’une glaçage au Chocolat (photo). / Vanilla Cake with a Mocha Cream Filling, Frosted in Chocolate with Chocolate Bark Shavings (pictured). $48.00 (12 morceaux / 12 servings).
2. Gâteau au Vanille avec une Crème Framboise, enrobé d’une glaçage à la Vanille avec du Chocolat Blanc (photo). / Vanilla Cake with a Raspberry Cream Filling, Frosted in a Vanilla Buttercream with shards of White Chocolate (pictured). $48.00 (12 morceaux 12 servings).
3. Bûche Forêt Noire, Gâteau au Chocolate imbibé de sirop Krich enrobé en Chantilly à la Vanille avec un Croustillant Praliné et une Mousse au Chocolat et des eventails Chocolat. / “Black Forest” Log, Chocolate Sponge Cake with Kirsch Syrup, a Vanilla Chantilly Coating, including a Crunchy Praline and Chocolate Mousse, decorated with Chocolate Fans. $59.00 (12 morceaux / 12 servings)
BÛCHES À LA CRÈME GLACÉE (Mousse – Sorbet) / ICE CREAM YULE LOGS (Mousse – Sorbet)
PRIX / PRICE: Petit / Small $42.00 (6-8 mrcx. / 6-8 serv.) Moyen / Medium $55.00 (10-12 Mrcx. / 10-12 serv.) Large / Large $64.00 ( 14-16 Mrcx. – 14-16 Serv.)
1. Bûche “Automne Épicée”, Crème Glacée au Chocolat, Sorbet Poires Épicée, Gâteau aux Épices, décorer avec bâton de canelle, Gâteau enrobé avec une glaçge au Chocolat. / “Spiced Autumn” Log, Chocolate Ice Cream with a Glazing of Chocolate, filled with Spicy Pear Sorbet and a layer of Spicy Sponge Cake, decroated with Cinnamon Sticks.
2. La Bûche “Fruits Rouge”, Glaçe au Yoghurt Marbrée de Fruits Rouge avec une Mousse Glacée au Cassis, Gâteau au Framboise, décorer avec Macarons Rose + Vert et Pistaches. / “Red Fruit” Log, Raspberry Sponge Cake with a Frozen Blackcurrant Mousse, Marbled Yogurt Ice Cream with Red Fruit, decorated with Pink and Green Macarons and Pistachios.
3. Bûche “Citron”, Crème Glacée Citron, un Coulis à la Framboise, Meringue aux Amandes, Pâté Sablée aux Amandes, décorer avec Meringue aux Amandes et Framboises. / “Lemon” Log, Shortbread cookie layer, Lemon Ice Cream and a Raspberry Coulis center, decorated with Almond Meringue and Raspberries.
4. Bûche “Café”, Dacquoise aux Éclats de Chocolat, Crème Glacée aux Café, Parfait Chocolat, Glaçage Noir, décorer avec du Chantilly Vanille, Macaron au Chocolat et des Fils Chocolat. / “Coffee” Log, Chocolate Sponge Cake, Filled with a Coffee Ice Cream and Chocolate Parfait, a Dark Glaze covering and decorated with Vanilla Chantilly Swirls, Chocolate Macarons and Chocolate Ribbons.
Les Bûches seront disponibles pour une temp limité. Dernière date pour commander et le 22 Décembre, 2015.
The Yule Logs will be available for a limited time. Last day for ordering is December 22, 2015.
A Blue Christening cake for Olivier Ismael Edmond for his special day! Village Sweets baked a 4 layer White Cake filled with Mocha Cream and is frosted in our delicious Swiss Butter-cream Icing and covered in a blue Fondant. Enjoy your wonderful day and thank you for choosing Village Sweets !
Village Sweets made some Cookie Shots for Crèmerie Lafontaine (St-Hubert, Montreal). The cookie shots are lined with the finest belgium chocolate and filled with delicious creamy soft serve ice cream with a hot cup of coffee…OOOHHH MY! Crèmerie Lafontaine has tons of flavored belgium chocolate to choose from for dipping your ice cream cones or pouring over your sundaes.
Village Sweets took a take on Banana Cream Pie and whipped up a medley of Banana Cream filled Cupcakes topped with a Meringue Swirl Brulee and a Banana Cream filled Cupcake with a Meringue Cap dipped in Chocolate…
(Thanx to Craftsy! The Perfect Cupcake with Jennifer Shea of Trophy Cupcakes).
Have you heard of “Game of Thrones”, okay I know….WHO the heck hasn’t. I must admit, I am an absolute fan of the tv series. I cannot wait for Sunday (April 6, 2014) to get here so I can just sit and watch the must anticipated season 4 Game of Thrones. Everywhere I look is Game of Thrones paraphenalia, and I LUVVV it! So I was more then eager to start this next project in the baking studio… A Game of Thrones “Iron Throne” cake, of course I added a little extra, like the RED leaves from the Weirwood tree and three Dragon Eggs. This cake better get eaten quickly before those eggs hatch!
Here in Québec, we are celebrating Sugar Shack or “Cabane à Sucre” time. My favorite is when hot maple syrup is poured on the snow and we roll it up on a popsicle stick. Who hasn’t done that! What a treat. And the delicious sucre à la crème. Wonderful time of year for these delicious sweets. So, I just had to make a dessert that would honor our Cabane à sucre festivities. I came up with Maple Gingerbread Cupcakes with an OMG sinful Sucre à la crème Frosting…one word about this frosting H-E-A-V-E-N ! I have to say, these are pretty darn tasty. I added a pretty royal icing pansy for decoration since spring is just around the corner…or is it?
Monday was “Train Cake” day. Another theme cake for Village Sweets. The plan was carefully thought out and all the little details were fashioned out of gum paste. The cake flavor was chocolate and it was frosted with a vanilla buttercream. We made the train in 3 cake pieces which were all covered with fondant. We think it turned out pretty great for our first “Train Cake”. (A little note, this cake was made with Splenda rather than the traditional white sugar). Thank you Caroline!
Village Sweets will soon be coming to YOUTUBE….Watch for us!!