Created a Despicable Me Minion cake for a Minion & hockey lover, a Montreal Habs hockey lover at that! At least she has good taste lol! First time making a minion, hopefully won’t be the last. They are so adorable, I just wanted to hug him, but I guess that would not be such a good idea, so I guess you could say I just wanted to EAT him!
Vanilla cake with a Mocha Cream Filling and a Mocha Cream Frosting, entirely covered in fondant.
A special 60th Anniversary cake last weekend. A White tiered cake with a Lemon Cream Filling and frosted entirely with a Swiss Butter-cream all in pretty roses large and small. Glistening Gumpaste Snowflakes because they were married so close to Christmas… My mother’s father dropped their wedding cake (Oooops!), so I thought I would make them a special one for their 60th.
In celebration of a 70th birthday, Village Sweets made a “70” Birthday Cake. One of the cakes, vanilla flavored with an orange cream filling, the other a chocolate cake also filled with an orange cream and both were topped off with big round chocolate roses frosting… Happy Birthday Roberta!
Tis the season for Yule Logs! Village Sweets is taking orders for the popular Bûche de Noël for the holiday season 2014 and New Years. The following is a list of our Bûche flavors…
C’est le temp pour commander vos Bûches de Noël pour le temps des Fêtes! Ceci est une liste de les saveurs…
BÛCHES TRADITIONELLE / TRADITIONAL LOGS
1. Gâteau au Vanille avec une Crème Mocha, enrobé d’une glaçage au Chocolat (photo). / Vanilla Cake with a Mocha Cream Filling, Frosted in Chocolate with Chocolate Bark Shavings (pictured). $48.00 (12 morceaux / 12 servings).
2. Gâteau au Vanille avec une Crème Framboise, enrobé d’une glaçage à la Vanille avec du Chocolat Blanc (photo). / Vanilla Cake with a Raspberry Cream Filling, Frosted in a Vanilla Buttercream with shards of White Chocolate (pictured). $48.00 (12 morceaux 12 servings).
3. Bûche Forêt Noire, Gâteau au Chocolate imbibé de sirop Krich enrobé en Chantilly à la Vanille avec un Croustillant Praliné et une Mousse au Chocolat et des eventails Chocolat. / “Black Forest” Log, Chocolate Sponge Cake with Kirsch Syrup, a Vanilla Chantilly Coating, including a Crunchy Praline and Chocolate Mousse, decorated with Chocolate Fans. $59.00 (12 morceaux / 12 servings)
BÛCHES À LA CRÈME GLACÉE (Mousse – Sorbet) / ICE CREAM YULE LOGS (Mousse – Sorbet)
PRIX / PRICE: Petit / Small $42.00 (6-8 mrcx. / 6-8 serv.) Moyen / Medium $55.00 (10-12 Mrcx. / 10-12 serv.) Large / Large $64.00 ( 14-16 Mrcx. – 14-16 Serv.)
1. Bûche “Automne Épicée”, Crème Glacée au Chocolat, Sorbet Poires Épicée, Gâteau aux Épices, décorer avec bâton de canelle, Gâteau enrobé avec une glaçge au Chocolat. / “Spiced Autumn” Log, Chocolate Ice Cream with a Glazing of Chocolate, filled with Spicy Pear Sorbet and a layer of Spicy Sponge Cake, decroated with Cinnamon Sticks.
2. La Bûche “Fruits Rouge”, Glaçe au Yoghurt Marbrée de Fruits Rouge avec une Mousse Glacée au Cassis, Gâteau au Framboise, décorer avec Macarons Rose + Vert et Pistaches. / “Red Fruit” Log, Raspberry Sponge Cake with a Frozen Blackcurrant Mousse, Marbled Yogurt Ice Cream with Red Fruit, decorated with Pink and Green Macarons and Pistachios.
3. Bûche “Citron”, Crème Glacée Citron, un Coulis à la Framboise, Meringue aux Amandes, Pâté Sablée aux Amandes, décorer avec Meringue aux Amandes et Framboises. / “Lemon” Log, Shortbread cookie layer, Lemon Ice Cream and a Raspberry Coulis center, decorated with Almond Meringue and Raspberries.
4. Bûche “Café”, Dacquoise aux Éclats de Chocolat, Crème Glacée aux Café, Parfait Chocolat, Glaçage Noir, décorer avec du Chantilly Vanille, Macaron au Chocolat et des Fils Chocolat. / “Coffee” Log, Chocolate Sponge Cake, Filled with a Coffee Ice Cream and Chocolate Parfait, a Dark Glaze covering and decorated with Vanilla Chantilly Swirls, Chocolate Macarons and Chocolate Ribbons.
Les Bûches seront disponibles pour une temp limité. Dernière date pour commander et le 22 Décembre, 2015.
The Yule Logs will be available for a limited time. Last day for ordering is December 22, 2015.
Village Sweets created their first “Make-Up” cake… woohoooo! First the cake, a vanilla cake with a Dulce de Leche filling plus a whipped cream filling and I frosted the cake with a smooth Vanilla Butter Cream frosting and topped it all off with a Pretty Pink Fondant covering. A quilted look with silver Dragées just made it gorgeous, some gum paste make up accessories and voilà this cake was ready to get eaten!
A Blue Christening cake for Olivier Ismael Edmond for his special day! Village Sweets baked a 4 layer White Cake filled with Mocha Cream and is frosted in our delicious Swiss Butter-cream Icing and covered in a blue Fondant. Enjoy your wonderful day and thank you for choosing Village Sweets !
Village Sweets made a tye dye Birthday cake today. The cake was Mocha flavor, layered with Chocolate Whipped Cream and frosted with a Swiss Buttercream and to complete the cake, a tye dye fondant covered our cake. “HaPpY BiRtHdAy Caroline !!”
Village Sweets took a take on Banana Cream Pie and whipped up a medley of Banana Cream filled Cupcakes topped with a Meringue Swirl Brulee and a Banana Cream filled Cupcake with a Meringue Cap dipped in Chocolate…
(Thanx to Craftsy! The Perfect Cupcake with Jennifer Shea of Trophy Cupcakes).
It’s been a while since my last post. Village Sweets created a Baptism Cake for a cutie pie “Lily-Rose”. I made some Royal Icing Roses and painted them a soft iridescent Pink, roses to go with her name… Gumpaste Bow and a Gumpaste Baby, I even added a cute ruffled diaper. I draped a rosary across the cake as well. Vanilla Cake and a Swiss Buttercream Icing, covered in an off-white Fondant.
(This cake idea was from Sophie Lacourciere, via Pinterest).
Village Sweets was commissioned to make an Airplane cake for a bachelorette party. Woohoo my favorite, making theme cakes! I hope she was happy with the end result and of course the taste of the moist chocolate cake and buttercream icing. Thank you Patricia C. ! I hope Andi loved her cake 🙂