Birthdays and Easter all rolled in to one! Village Sweets has been making cakes with an animal theme lately (or insects haha), one trend to another… with Easter having been just around the corner, I am cheating and posting my Easter tarts as well, Oooops.
Village Sweets likes to bake…today was a Cheesecake and Pretzel day. Homemade desserts are simply the best, a Toffee Caramel Cheesecake, um yum! I think it is one of my favorites. And Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels, when they are hot out of the oven and dipped in the sugar and spice mixture, well what can I say…Delissssh! Two very different desserts that just melt in your mouth.
Tis the season for Yule Logs! Village Sweets is taking orders for the popular Bûche de Noël for the holiday season 2014 and New Years. The following is a list of our Bûche flavors…
C’est le temp pour commander vos Bûches de Noël pour le temps des Fêtes! Ceci est une liste de les saveurs…
BÛCHES TRADITIONELLE / TRADITIONAL LOGS
1. Gâteau au Vanille avec une Crème Mocha, enrobé d’une glaçage au Chocolat (photo). / Vanilla Cake with a Mocha Cream Filling, Frosted in Chocolate with Chocolate Bark Shavings (pictured). $48.00 (12 morceaux / 12 servings).
2. Gâteau au Vanille avec une Crème Framboise, enrobé d’une glaçage à la Vanille avec du Chocolat Blanc (photo). / Vanilla Cake with a Raspberry Cream Filling, Frosted in a Vanilla Buttercream with shards of White Chocolate (pictured). $48.00 (12 morceaux 12 servings).
3. Bûche Forêt Noire, Gâteau au Chocolate imbibé de sirop Krich enrobé en Chantilly à la Vanille avec un Croustillant Praliné et une Mousse au Chocolat et des eventails Chocolat. / “Black Forest” Log, Chocolate Sponge Cake with Kirsch Syrup, a Vanilla Chantilly Coating, including a Crunchy Praline and Chocolate Mousse, decorated with Chocolate Fans. $59.00 (12 morceaux / 12 servings)
BÛCHES À LA CRÈME GLACÉE (Mousse – Sorbet) / ICE CREAM YULE LOGS (Mousse – Sorbet)
PRIX / PRICE: Petit / Small $42.00 (6-8 mrcx. / 6-8 serv.) Moyen / Medium $55.00 (10-12 Mrcx. / 10-12 serv.) Large / Large $64.00 ( 14-16 Mrcx. – 14-16 Serv.)
1. Bûche “Automne Épicée”, Crème Glacée au Chocolat, Sorbet Poires Épicée, Gâteau aux Épices, décorer avec bâton de canelle, Gâteau enrobé avec une glaçge au Chocolat. / “Spiced Autumn” Log, Chocolate Ice Cream with a Glazing of Chocolate, filled with Spicy Pear Sorbet and a layer of Spicy Sponge Cake, decroated with Cinnamon Sticks.
2. La Bûche “Fruits Rouge”, Glaçe au Yoghurt Marbrée de Fruits Rouge avec une Mousse Glacée au Cassis, Gâteau au Framboise, décorer avec Macarons Rose + Vert et Pistaches. / “Red Fruit” Log, Raspberry Sponge Cake with a Frozen Blackcurrant Mousse, Marbled Yogurt Ice Cream with Red Fruit, decorated with Pink and Green Macarons and Pistachios.
3. Bûche “Citron”, Crème Glacée Citron, un Coulis à la Framboise, Meringue aux Amandes, Pâté Sablée aux Amandes, décorer avec Meringue aux Amandes et Framboises. / “Lemon” Log, Shortbread cookie layer, Lemon Ice Cream and a Raspberry Coulis center, decorated with Almond Meringue and Raspberries.
4. Bûche “Café”, Dacquoise aux Éclats de Chocolat, Crème Glacée aux Café, Parfait Chocolat, Glaçage Noir, décorer avec du Chantilly Vanille, Macaron au Chocolat et des Fils Chocolat. / “Coffee” Log, Chocolate Sponge Cake, Filled with a Coffee Ice Cream and Chocolate Parfait, a Dark Glaze covering and decorated with Vanilla Chantilly Swirls, Chocolate Macarons and Chocolate Ribbons.
Les Bûches seront disponibles pour une temp limité. Dernière date pour commander et le 22 Décembre, 2015.
The Yule Logs will be available for a limited time. Last day for ordering is December 22, 2015.
!! Joyeuses Fêtes !! !! HaPpY HoLiDaYs !!
Village Sweets created their first “Make-Up” cake… woohoooo! First the cake, a vanilla cake with a Dulce de Leche filling plus a whipped cream filling and I frosted the cake with a smooth Vanilla Butter Cream frosting and topped it all off with a Pretty Pink Fondant covering. A quilted look with silver Dragées just made it gorgeous, some gum paste make up accessories and voilà this cake was ready to get eaten!
It’s been a while since my last post. Village Sweets created a Baptism Cake for a cutie pie “Lily-Rose”. I made some Royal Icing Roses and painted them a soft iridescent Pink, roses to go with her name… Gumpaste Bow and a Gumpaste Baby, I even added a cute ruffled diaper. I draped a rosary across the cake as well. Vanilla Cake and a Swiss Buttercream Icing, covered in an off-white Fondant.
(This cake idea was from Sophie Lacourciere, via Pinterest).
Delicious Black Forest Cake (Schwarzwald Kirsch Kuchen), a classic! This was Village Sweets cake of the day for CANADA DAY! Village Sweets used used sour morello cherries (No cherry pie filling! That is just not right!), and a must is the Kirsch to soak your cherries in, it would not be authentic without it. 100% whipping cream (not the frozen cool whip :O), find the best dark chocolate bar for your chocolate shavings and your cake recipe will be amazing. It does take a little time, since you should prepare your cake a day or two ahead and let the Kirsch just soak into your cake layers in the refrigerator. This was Village Sweets result…
Playing around with different designs for some cupcakes. Ideas and possibilities are endless. Cupcakes make great favors for parties, weddings and other events, especially themed occasions. You can easily just go crazy decorating them. Here is a sample of some of my many cupcake designs, they are doing their best on the “Catwalk”.
Visit my Etsy Shop for more Royal Icing Flowers https://www.etsy.com/shop/VillageSweets
Easter will soon be hopping upon us, so I have been thinking up what I want my cupcakes to look like on my Easter table. Hmmm, sooooo I have come up with a garden trellis with little roses! I made up some Royal Icing roses and decorated my cupcakes garden style. I think all the pastel colors made it look so springy!
My Royal Icing Roses are available in my Etsy shop:
Valentine’s is this Friday! Village Sweets has a large variety of delicious desserts and treats that can be made available for anyone who wants to treat their Sweetie or maybe themselves!