Birthdays and Easter all rolled in to one! Village Sweets has been making cakes with an animal theme lately (or insects haha), one trend to another… with Easter having been just around the corner, I am cheating and posting my Easter tarts as well, Oooops.
All the drama a Diva could ask for…Leopard & Bling was the theme for this cake made for Lauren. A Vanilla Cake with Swiss Meringue Buttercream and a Mocha Cream Filling between layers. A hand painted Leopard print in tan’s blacks and a shiny gold. I made this look like a pretty package topped off with black fondant ribbon and a gumpaste black bow and to add that final touch some edible sparkly gems! Purrrrfect dahling!
Created a Despicable Me Minion cake for a Minion & hockey lover, a Montreal Habs hockey lover at that! At least she has good taste lol! First time making a minion, hopefully won’t be the last. They are so adorable, I just wanted to hug him, but I guess that would not be such a good idea, so I guess you could say I just wanted to EAT him!
Vanilla cake with a Mocha Cream Filling and a Mocha Cream Frosting, entirely covered in fondant.
A special 60th Anniversary cake last weekend. A White tiered cake with a Lemon Cream Filling and frosted entirely with a Swiss Butter-cream all in pretty roses large and small. Glistening Gumpaste Snowflakes because they were married so close to Christmas… My mother’s father dropped their wedding cake (Oooops!), so I thought I would make them a special one for their 60th.
Village Sweets likes to bake…today was a Cheesecake and Pretzel day. Homemade desserts are simply the best, a Toffee Caramel Cheesecake, um yum! I think it is one of my favorites. And Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels, when they are hot out of the oven and dipped in the sugar and spice mixture, well what can I say…Delissssh! Two very different desserts that just melt in your mouth.
In celebration of a 70th birthday, Village Sweets made a “70” Birthday Cake. One of the cakes, vanilla flavored with an orange cream filling, the other a chocolate cake also filled with an orange cream and both were topped off with big round chocolate roses frosting… Happy Birthday Roberta!
Tis the season for Yule Logs! Village Sweets is taking orders for the popular Bûche de Noël for the holiday season 2014 and New Years. The following is a list of our Bûche flavors…
C’est le temp pour commander vos Bûches de Noël pour le temps des Fêtes! Ceci est une liste de les saveurs…
BÛCHES TRADITIONELLE / TRADITIONAL LOGS
1. Gâteau au Vanille avec une Crème Mocha, enrobé d’une glaçage au Chocolat (photo). / Vanilla Cake with a Mocha Cream Filling, Frosted in Chocolate with Chocolate Bark Shavings (pictured). $48.00 (12 morceaux / 12 servings).
2. Gâteau au Vanille avec une Crème Framboise, enrobé d’une glaçage à la Vanille avec du Chocolat Blanc (photo). / Vanilla Cake with a Raspberry Cream Filling, Frosted in a Vanilla Buttercream with shards of White Chocolate (pictured). $48.00 (12 morceaux 12 servings).
3. Bûche Forêt Noire, Gâteau au Chocolate imbibé de sirop Krich enrobé en Chantilly à la Vanille avec un Croustillant Praliné et une Mousse au Chocolat et des eventails Chocolat. / “Black Forest” Log, Chocolate Sponge Cake with Kirsch Syrup, a Vanilla Chantilly Coating, including a Crunchy Praline and Chocolate Mousse, decorated with Chocolate Fans. $59.00 (12 morceaux / 12 servings)
BÛCHES À LA CRÈME GLACÉE (Mousse – Sorbet) / ICE CREAM YULE LOGS (Mousse – Sorbet)
PRIX / PRICE: Petit / Small $42.00 (6-8 mrcx. / 6-8 serv.) Moyen / Medium $55.00 (10-12 Mrcx. / 10-12 serv.) Large / Large $64.00 ( 14-16 Mrcx. – 14-16 Serv.)
1. Bûche “Automne Épicée”, Crème Glacée au Chocolat, Sorbet Poires Épicée, Gâteau aux Épices, décorer avec bâton de canelle, Gâteau enrobé avec une glaçge au Chocolat. / “Spiced Autumn” Log, Chocolate Ice Cream with a Glazing of Chocolate, filled with Spicy Pear Sorbet and a layer of Spicy Sponge Cake, decroated with Cinnamon Sticks.
2. La Bûche “Fruits Rouge”, Glaçe au Yoghurt Marbrée de Fruits Rouge avec une Mousse Glacée au Cassis, Gâteau au Framboise, décorer avec Macarons Rose + Vert et Pistaches. / “Red Fruit” Log, Raspberry Sponge Cake with a Frozen Blackcurrant Mousse, Marbled Yogurt Ice Cream with Red Fruit, decorated with Pink and Green Macarons and Pistachios.
3. Bûche “Citron”, Crème Glacée Citron, un Coulis à la Framboise, Meringue aux Amandes, Pâté Sablée aux Amandes, décorer avec Meringue aux Amandes et Framboises. / “Lemon” Log, Shortbread cookie layer, Lemon Ice Cream and a Raspberry Coulis center, decorated with Almond Meringue and Raspberries.
4. Bûche “Café”, Dacquoise aux Éclats de Chocolat, Crème Glacée aux Café, Parfait Chocolat, Glaçage Noir, décorer avec du Chantilly Vanille, Macaron au Chocolat et des Fils Chocolat. / “Coffee” Log, Chocolate Sponge Cake, Filled with a Coffee Ice Cream and Chocolate Parfait, a Dark Glaze covering and decorated with Vanilla Chantilly Swirls, Chocolate Macarons and Chocolate Ribbons.
Les Bûches seront disponibles pour une temp limité. Dernière date pour commander et le 22 Décembre, 2015.
The Yule Logs will be available for a limited time. Last day for ordering is December 22, 2015.
Village Sweets created their first “Make-Up” cake… woohoooo! First the cake, a vanilla cake with a Dulce de Leche filling plus a whipped cream filling and I frosted the cake with a smooth Vanilla Butter Cream frosting and topped it all off with a Pretty Pink Fondant covering. A quilted look with silver Dragées just made it gorgeous, some gum paste make up accessories and voilà this cake was ready to get eaten!
New to Crèmerie Lafontaine this week…. We have added Muffins to our Menu … Double Chocolate Muffins studded with White Belgium Choco Chipits and topped with a Toasted Marshmallow / Lemon Cranberry Muffins with a sour lemon icing to make your lips pucker / Almond & Sour Cherry Muffins drizzled with White Belgium Chocolate and topped with Toasted Almond pieces….NomNomNom